Interior Design Assistant
Joy Street Design is an Oakland-based, full-service residential interior design firm that specializes in complete home renovations. We are seeking an interior design assistant that possess excellent design, graphics, organizational and communication skills. The position initially will be available for approximately 15-20 hours per week, with the opportunity to transition to full-time as the office continues to grow.
· Work with interior design team to create color and finish palettes, create furniture plans in CAD, and sourcing furniture, fixtures, and accessories.
· Assist in the preparation of design presentations and interface with clients and contractors on the job site. Provide assistance during project installations and accessory staging.
· Basic administrative activities including, but not limited to, managing incoming and outgoing mail and packages, organizing and filing studio documents, managing the materials library, and answering calls and voicemails.
· Running miscellaneous errands as needing including returning samples to showrooms and sourcing items.
· Graduate or currently working toward an Architecture or Interior Design degree from an accredited institution.
· MUST be highly proficient in Revit.
· Proficiency in Adobe Suite programs and Microsoft Office. Proficiency in 3D rendering platforms is a plus.
· Strong communication, organization, time management skills and excellent graphic presentation skills.
· Self-starter, punctual, and organized with careful attention to detail.
· Car and a valid driver’s license required for sourcing and site visits.
Compensation will be determined based on experience. This position is for an independent contractor who will be responsible for their own invoicing, taxes, and medical insurance.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining your background and interest in the position, along with your resume, references and portfolio to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone interview before a formal interview. Please do not call the firm – every applicant will receive a response as decisions are made.